Youth Group Segment: Sixty Second Shout-out
The sixty second shout-out is a new segment we’re introducing at youth. Here’s our simple description of it:
In the Sixty Second Shout-out, you have a total of sixty seconds to share with the group something you have been learning about God.
It could be: something you’ve been reading by yourself; something we’ve talked about at youth group or church; something from our Time with God devotional booklets; or just a verse you read this week.
The aim is to keep it short and sweet. You don’t need to say anything amazing, funny or earth shattering. We simply want to hear little snippets about what God is doing in people’s lives.
Here’s a short suggestion for how you might share something with the group.
- Tell us what you’ve been reading lately (10 seconds)
- Read aloud a verse or two (10 seconds)
- Tell us something:
- The passage tells us about God (10 seconds)
- That has encouraged you about this passage (15 seconds)
- You have been challenged to do in response to this passage (15 seconds)
All up, you only need a sentence for each point. We don’t want this to be difficult or stressful. You can write notes if you like, or just tell us on the spot.
We look forward to hearing you share with us.